Garrett filed online to have the video removed after she was caught on tape being arrested during the night of terror. Shortly after the video was taken, Garrett was carted off to jail and charged with both Disorderly Conduct in the Second Degree and Interfering with a Police Officer. Her arrest is clearly shown in the video.
On the night of the violent free-for-all, Garrett provided her name twice on a public street, and even spelled it out. She then provided her version of the circumstances of her arrest. Here’s the transcript:
- Garrett: “Emmalynn Garrett, <spelling> E-M-M-A-L-Y-N-N G-A-R-R-E-T-T, <repeats> Emalynn Garrett”
- Reporter: “What did you do Emmalynn?”
- Garrett: “I was standing on the sidewalk. They grabbed me and threw me into the street.”
Shortly after this Garrett was tossed into the back of the paddy wagon and carted off to jail. She’s was accompanied by another high profile Occupier Nefi Martinez-Bravo. After the van is closed up, one can clearly hear the sounds of the perps repeatedly and violently kicking the insides of the van.
Occupy Portland’s Night of Terror: (1) 6:12 PM Occu-Mob gathers Col. Summers Park. (2) 6:29 PM Windows broken Genoa Restaurant on Belmont (3) 6:36 PM BMW windows broken on Stark (4) 6:52 PM Garrett does the perp walk, tossed into paddy wagon.
RUN-INS WITH THE LAW
Garrett is no stranger to law enforcement. While we don’t have information on actual convictions, we do have information of her arrests courtesy of the mainstream media and police press releases. Links are provided.
- May 5,2011 – Disorderly Conduct – Refused to let vehicle pass while protestor u-bolted his neck under vehicle. Handcuffed to another protestor – Seneca Mills W. Eugene.
- July 28, 2011 – Criminal Trespass in the Second Degree – Refused to leave tree perch. Extreme environmentalists built dangerous barricades using barbed wire in Elliott State Forest, Coos County.
- February 7, 2012 – Disorderly Conduct in the Second Degree and Interfering with a Police Officer – Arrest caught on tape on the eve of a violent Occupy Portland Event.
And while not an arrest this incident fits in well within the pattern.
- June 25, 2012 – An event which involved flag pole climbing at the State House, and blocking state offices where six people were arrested and taken to Marion County Jail (none of them Garrett). However, she is heavily involved in the event and gives an interview.
This last event definitively links Garrett with Earth First which is an eco-terrorism organization associated with the dangerous practice of tree spiking. According to Wikipedia:
“Tree spiking is a common tactic that was first used by members of
EarthFirst! in 1984. Tree spiking involves hammering a small spike into the trunk of a tree that may be logged with the intention of damaging the chainsaw or mill blades and may seriously injure the logger.”
“Remove my name and likeness from ‘Occumob Goes Berzerk’ video. Use of my full legal name and likeness constitutes a Violation of Privacy by YouTube standards… If you do not, I will pursue this further with the YouTube complaint process and if needed legal action.”
YouTube’s policy takes into account whether a video is newsworthy and whether it is in the public interest to keep it up. This undoubtedly factored into their decision not to take it down. [In defense of our First Amendment Rights, we do not respond well to paper tiger threats and have no intention of ever taking it down.]
In addition to the eco-terrorism association, Garrett is a part of Occupy which, despite the sugar coating by the mainstream media, was and remains a violent movement. Supported by unions and Fat-Cat Liberals like Michael Moore, they are responsible at last count for 4000 arrests including violent assaults and rapes which they attempted to cover up. Occupy cost cites across the US well over $13 Million. Their activities are documented on our YouTube channel DaylightDisinfectant which now has well in excess of a half million views, and in the documentary “Occupy Unmasked” now available on Netflix and amazon Prime. We tried to contact Ms. Garrett for this story but she did not return our messages and requests to contact us by phone.