DATELINE MONDAY MARCH 16 2020: Last night I watched the the Biden versus Bernie debate televised live on CNN. Here are my opinions and observations without having read, watched or listened to any other media coverage. Those of you who follow my blog know that back in August 2015 I had the honor of covering Bernie live courtesy of The Jayne Carroll Show as a correspondent for KUIK 1360 Radio in Hillsboro Oregon. Click on the link to see what a raucous and enthusiastic crowd it was. This was in front of a 12,000 person rally at the Portland Rose Garden. Contrast that to last night’s, somber, almost funeral like event.
Here’s what I saw and felt last night.
– Biden won because he didn’t lose. Looks like things won’t change much.
– It was almost unbearable listening to them talk about the non-threatening Corona Virus, trying desperately to cause fear and panic.
– Biden did a pretty good job defending the indefensible: his voting record.
– Even the insults by Bernie directed towards Biden’s big donor friends and Super PACs seemed to roll off Biden.
– Biden scored bigly by saying he had dinner with Warren 3 nights ago, liked her student bankruptcy bill, and would definitely pick a female VP. Bernie was especially weak and wishywashy with his response saying in effect: “yeah maybe me too.”
– In General Biden seemed 85% sharp, on top of it, and appeared somewhat Presidential. It was if they had given him smelling salts, amphetamines and rigorous debate practice over the last couple weals.
– I would describe Bernie as having poor posture, sniping at Biden, and having delusions of grandeur, such as promising to pay 14 Trillion for the Green New Deal. His nouveau Communist ideas from 2015-2016 somehow seemed old and tired here in 2020.
– I would describe this match up as Obama versus Mao. Many Democrats spent their lives fighting Communism and Bernie has not been able to shed that mantle.
– Bottom line: I used to prefer Bernie for his altruism. But last night Biden’s message of “Results over Revolution,” brought me back to reality. As much of a huckster Biden is, last night changed my mind: I now prefer Biden over Bernie. Trump will thankfully beat either one Handily!.
From the Cast Page for the Documentary “Occupy Unmasked”: Inspired by Andrew Breitbart and James O’Keefe, Dan Sandini is an independent citizen journalist … He is a staunch advocate of the First Amendment. In 2010 he was assaulted by Democrat thugs for having the temerity to record a speech by then gubernatorial candidate John Kitzhaber. He produced a video of the Orwellian experience, which has received almost 70,000 views. Following the 2011 Tax Day TEA Party he produced videos detailing the hateful rhetoric and behavior of the Left, including homophobia, racism, anti-Americanism, and threats of violence. These videos have been seen by over 1 Million people and were featured on The Glenn Beck Program, The O’Reilly Factor, and Sean Hannity.
Sent from my iPhone